Nothing Much , Just Brewing the best cup of Coffee by using Aeropress
Since, Aeropress Competition is inspired from World Aeropress Championship, the Competition format is almost same to International Platform.
1) The competition will be of multiple rounds, Preliminary, Semi Final and Final.
2) Total 27 competitors will be competiting.
3) In each round, three competitors brew coffee simultaneously.
4) Competitors have 5 minutes in which to prepare, brew, and present their coffee.
5) When the time is up, the coffees are presented in identical vessels to a panel of three judges.
6) The judges blindly evaluate each coffee and make their own private assessment as to which is the best.
7) On the count of three, all judges simultaneously point to their preferred coffee.
8) The winner progresses to the next round.
9) No Wildcard Entry
Rules and Regulations
1) The brewer must bring their own brewing equipments. Brewing kettle will be provided but The brewer used must be a genuine AeroPress. All three parts of a genuine AeroPress brewer must be used; the chamber, the plunger, and the filter cap.
2) No other brewer may be used in drink preparation. The only equipment permitted on stage is one or more of each of the following:
– AeroPress Brewer
– Stirrer / Spoon
– Caraffe / Decanter
– Tasting Cup
3) Any type of filter is allowed, so long as it does not replace the filter cap itself (see rule #2). The filter can be made out of paper, metal, cloth, or any other material.
4) Ground coffee and water are the only ingredients allowed.Brewer can bring their own water recipe as well.However, the water will be tasted before the competition begins by the organizers.
5) If the Hosts have specified a competition coffee, this is the only coffee that may be used.
6) Competitors may use a maximum of 18g of roasted coffee in their recipe.
7) Competitors must prepare a minimum of 150ml of brewed coffee.
8) Coffees not presented within the time limit of 5 minutes will not be evaluated.
9) Failure to comply with any of the above may result in disqualification.
1) Each round is judged blind using the cupping technique of spoon, slurp, and spit.
2) Competitors’ names and/or numbers will be marked on the underside of the cups where they are completely hidden.
3) There is no scoresheet or formal judging criteria. Judges are simply answering: “Which is the best cup?”
4) Each judge will arrive at their own conclusion, without discussing the samples with their fellow judges.
5) On the count of three, all judges will point simultaneously, confidently, and definitively at the cup of their choosing.
6) After judging, the MC will lift the winning cup, revealing the name of the round winner.
7) In the event of all three judges pointing at different cups, the MC or a pre-determined Head Judge will taste the coffees, and decide the round. This decision is final.
1) There is no age restriction to compete.
2) Only 3 participants can apply from one company.
3) Name will be registered only after the entry fee is made.
4) Please send the screenshot of your payment.
5) Registration Fee is Rs 1000/-
1. No amount will be refunded or transferrable .
2. Please write down “AP2023 (Your Fullname)” on the remarks of the payment.
3. After the payment and registration, confirmation email will be sent . If Not received, Please contact us.
4. Any queries please contact 9808594102 (Nisha)